Ram temple issue is still alive: BJP
Shimla: BJP vice-president Kalraj Mishra
on Saturday said his party had not diluted its stand on construction
of a Ram temple and abrogation of Article 370 giving special
status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Both the issues were put on the back burner during the
NDA regime due to lack of consensus among its constituents on
including these in the Common Minimum Programme, he said.
"We will implement these promises if the BJP is voted
to power at the Centre," Mishra, in-charge of party affairs in
Himachal, told mediapersons here.
The party had not diluted its stand on construction of
a Ram temple at Ayodhya and abolition of Article 370, the BJP
On the prevailing situation in Jammu and Kashmir, he
said the state government had "miserably" failed to control
An alarming feature of the current turmoil was that
a large number of youths were involved in violent activities,
"Utterances of Farooq Abdullah about more autonomy
for Jammu and Kashmir and remarks of some PDP leaders that
Kashmiris have not tasted the fruits of Independence are
alarming and the Centre must take notice of it," he said.
The BJP leader accused the UPA government of
pandering to minorities.
The recommendations of the Rangarajan Committee and
remarks of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that Muslims should
be given preference in welfare schemes were disturbing, he
Referring to Himachal Pradesh, Mishra said the state
was being discriminated against by the Union government which
had curtailed the industrial package for it.
Mishra, on his first visit to Himachal after taking
charge of party`s affairs in the state, held a meeting with
BJP leaders and discussed issues, including upcoming Panchayat
polls in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre