`Ram temple symbol of Sena`s sacrifice for Hindutva`
Mumbai: Ram temple at Ayodhya is a symbol
of Sena`s sacrifice for Hindutva and the party would fulfil
the promise of constructing it fully, Shiv Sena chief Bal
Thackeray has said.
"Ram temple is a symbol of Sena`s sacrifice for
Hindutva," an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana` said
yesterday. Thackeray is the newspaper`s editor.
Crediting Sena for bringing down the Masjid, Thackeray
said, "Kothari brothers, who demolished the domes of Masjid
and hosted a saffron flag there were Shiv Sainiks and I am
proud of them."
Referring to SP MLA Abu Asim Azmi`s announcement to
rebuild Babri Masjid at Ayodhya, Thackeray said, "if someone
is dreaming of rebuilding Babri Masjid, Sena has the power to
shatter those dreams."
Thackeray described the assault on Azmi in Maharashtra
Assembly by MLAs belonging to MNS as a "mild slap".
Azmi was attacked for taking oath in Hindi, ignoring a
warning by Raj to take the oath in Marathi.
Thackeray indicated that taking up the Hindutva issue
would not be at the cost of `Marathi manoos`.
"The `sons of the soil` issue would remain in
Maharashtra, but when the country faces threat from Islam,
Hindus must stand up," he said.
"Fundamentalist Muslim is the biggest threat to the
country and we need to fight against it. Except some like
Salim Khan, Javed Akhtar, Mukhtar Abbas and Farooq Abdullah,
the rest are trying to destroy our country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'