`Ram temple symbol of Sena`s sacrifice for Hindutva`
Mumbai: Ram temple at Ayodhya is a symbol
of Sena`s sacrifice for Hindutva and the party would fulfil
the promise of constructing it fully, Shiv Sena chief Bal
Thackeray has said.
"Ram temple is a symbol of Sena`s sacrifice for
Hindutva," an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana` said
yesterday. Thackeray is the newspaper`s editor.
Crediting Sena for bringing down the Masjid, Thackeray
said, "Kothari brothers, who demolished the domes of Masjid
and hosted a saffron flag there were Shiv Sainiks and I am
proud of them."
Referring to SP MLA Abu Asim Azmi`s announcement to
rebuild Babri Masjid at Ayodhya, Thackeray said, "if someone
is dreaming of rebuilding Babri Masjid, Sena has the power to
shatter those dreams."
Thackeray described the assault on Azmi in Maharashtra
Assembly by MLAs belonging to MNS as a "mild slap".
Azmi was attacked for taking oath in Hindi, ignoring a
warning by Raj to take the oath in Marathi.
Thackeray indicated that taking up the Hindutva issue
would not be at the cost of `Marathi manoos`.
"The `sons of the soil` issue would remain in
Maharashtra, but when the country faces threat from Islam,
Hindus must stand up," he said.
"Fundamentalist Muslim is the biggest threat to the
country and we need to fight against it. Except some like
Salim Khan, Javed Akhtar, Mukhtar Abbas and Farooq Abdullah,
the rest are trying to destroy our country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27