Ram Vilas Paswan announces Rs 15 lakh for U`khand
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday announced that he will give Rs 15 lakh from his MPLAD fund towards relief work in Uttarakhand.
Paswan flagged off two trucks carrying relief materials to the hill state. The party celebrated the LJP chief`s 67th birthday minus any pomp and show in solidarity of the flood victims.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar congratulated the former Union Minister on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!