Ram Vilas Paswan announces Rs 15 lakh for U`khand
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday announced that he will give Rs 15 lakh from his MPLAD fund towards relief work in Uttarakhand.
Paswan flagged off two trucks carrying relief materials to the hill state. The party celebrated the LJP chief`s 67th birthday minus any pomp and show in solidarity of the flood victims.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Hamid Ansari and Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar congratulated the former Union Minister on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP