Rama Jois favours joint special forces to tackle naxals
Bangalore: Taking a dig at those advocating development as an answer to check naxal activities, former governor of Bihar and Jharkhand Rama Jois on Friday favoured special joint anti-naxal forces comprising central and state security personnel to eradicate the menace.
"Development can come in only after destruction of such
evil forces. Therefore, immediate firm, punitive action has
to be taken jointly by the Central Government and all the
affected state governments by constituting joint special
anti-naxalite force with a single command," Jois, a BJP Rajya
Sabha MP, said in a statement here.
Condeming the recent ghastly attacks by naxals in
Dantewada, Jois, also former chief justice of Punjab and
Haryana High Court, said this had resulted in the loss of
confidence of the people in the ability of the government to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman