Ramadoss chargesheeted for abusing position
New Delhi: Former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss was on Friday chargesheeted by CBI in a Delhi court for allegedly abusing his official position in allowing a Indore-based medical college to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material.
The 36-page chargesheet named the PMK leader and nine others including two senior government officials and two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital here and five persons associated with the private hospital in Indore which allegedly gained "pecuniary advantage" in 2008.
Besides Ramadoss, who was the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare from May, 2004 till April 2009 in UPA-I, CBI has filed charge sheet against KVS Rao, Director in Cabinet Secretariat, Sudershan Kumar, Section Officer of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW) and Dr JS Dhupia and Dr Dipendra Kumar Gupta of Safdarjung Hospital.
The charge sheet, filed before Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh, also named Suresh Singh Bhadoria, Chairman of Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (IMCHRC), Dr SK Tongia, ex-Dean of the college, Dr KK Saxena, Medical Director of the college, Nitin Gothwal and Dr Pawan Bhambani.
Ramadoss, Rao, Kumar and the two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital have been charged by the agency under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC along with offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Bhadoria and other four have been charged with offences of cheating and forgery. Bhadoria has also been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the chargesheet, Ramadoss and other accused conspired with each other in permitting IMCHRC admission for second year despite the fact that the Medical Council of India (MCI) and a committee appointed by the Supreme Court had "repeatedly recommended" that IMCHRC was not having sufficient faculty and clinical material required as per the MCI norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city