Ramadoss chargesheeted for abusing position
New Delhi: Former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss was on Friday chargesheeted by CBI in a Delhi court for allegedly abusing his official position in allowing a Indore-based medical college to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material.
The 36-page chargesheet named the PMK leader and nine others including two senior government officials and two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital here and five persons associated with the private hospital in Indore which allegedly gained "pecuniary advantage" in 2008.
Besides Ramadoss, who was the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare from May, 2004 till April 2009 in UPA-I, CBI has filed charge sheet against KVS Rao, Director in Cabinet Secretariat, Sudershan Kumar, Section Officer of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW) and Dr JS Dhupia and Dr Dipendra Kumar Gupta of Safdarjung Hospital.
The charge sheet, filed before Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh, also named Suresh Singh Bhadoria, Chairman of Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (IMCHRC), Dr SK Tongia, ex-Dean of the college, Dr KK Saxena, Medical Director of the college, Nitin Gothwal and Dr Pawan Bhambani.
Ramadoss, Rao, Kumar and the two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital have been charged by the agency under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC along with offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Bhadoria and other four have been charged with offences of cheating and forgery. Bhadoria has also been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the chargesheet, Ramadoss and other accused conspired with each other in permitting IMCHRC admission for second year despite the fact that the Medical Council of India (MCI) and a committee appointed by the Supreme Court had "repeatedly recommended" that IMCHRC was not having sufficient faculty and clinical material required as per the MCI norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- GST an example of how big tasks can be done if parties work together: PM Modi
- People forget celebrities are also human beings: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time