Ramadoss chargesheeted for abusing position
New Delhi: Former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss was on Friday chargesheeted by CBI in a Delhi court for allegedly abusing his official position in allowing a Indore-based medical college to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material.
The 36-page chargesheet named the PMK leader and nine others including two senior government officials and two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital here and five persons associated with the private hospital in Indore which allegedly gained "pecuniary advantage" in 2008.
Besides Ramadoss, who was the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare from May, 2004 till April 2009 in UPA-I, CBI has filed charge sheet against KVS Rao, Director in Cabinet Secretariat, Sudershan Kumar, Section Officer of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW) and Dr JS Dhupia and Dr Dipendra Kumar Gupta of Safdarjung Hospital.
The charge sheet, filed before Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh, also named Suresh Singh Bhadoria, Chairman of Index Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (IMCHRC), Dr SK Tongia, ex-Dean of the college, Dr KK Saxena, Medical Director of the college, Nitin Gothwal and Dr Pawan Bhambani.
Ramadoss, Rao, Kumar and the two doctors of Safdarjung Hospital have been charged by the agency under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC along with offences under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Bhadoria and other four have been charged with offences of cheating and forgery. Bhadoria has also been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
According to the chargesheet, Ramadoss and other accused conspired with each other in permitting IMCHRC admission for second year despite the fact that the Medical Council of India (MCI) and a committee appointed by the Supreme Court had "repeatedly recommended" that IMCHRC was not having sufficient faculty and clinical material required as per the MCI norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town