Raman Singh to meet PM on Wednesday
New Delhi: In the aftermath of the third
Maoist attack on security personnel in Dantewada in little
over a month, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh will
arrive here tonight on a two-day visit and is scheduled to
meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
According to state government sources, Singh is scheduled
to arrive late tonight and would meet the Prime Minister and
deputy chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia
While Singh`s meeting with Ahluwalia is scheduled for
finalising the state`s annual plan for 2010-11, sources said
his meeting with the PM was fixed after yesterday`s brazen
Maoist attack in Dantewada where a bus carrying civilians as
well as a group of special police officers was blown up by
them, killing 35 persons.
The Chief Minister is likely to meet Home Minister
P Chidambaram also during his visit, the sources said.
In a series of deadly attacks this year, Maoists
massacred 76 security personnel on April 6 in Dantewada, blew
up a bulletproof vehicle on May 8 killing eight CRPF men and
yesterday attacked a bus carrying civilians and security men,
claiming 35 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why