Raman Singh to meet PM on Wednesday
New Delhi: In the aftermath of the third
Maoist attack on security personnel in Dantewada in little
over a month, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh will
arrive here tonight on a two-day visit and is scheduled to
meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
According to state government sources, Singh is scheduled
to arrive late tonight and would meet the Prime Minister and
deputy chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia
While Singh`s meeting with Ahluwalia is scheduled for
finalising the state`s annual plan for 2010-11, sources said
his meeting with the PM was fixed after yesterday`s brazen
Maoist attack in Dantewada where a bus carrying civilians as
well as a group of special police officers was blown up by
them, killing 35 persons.
The Chief Minister is likely to meet Home Minister
P Chidambaram also during his visit, the sources said.
In a series of deadly attacks this year, Maoists
massacred 76 security personnel on April 6 in Dantewada, blew
up a bulletproof vehicle on May 8 killing eight CRPF men and
yesterday attacked a bus carrying civilians and security men,
claiming 35 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31