Raman Singh to meet PM on Wednesday
New Delhi: In the aftermath of the third
Maoist attack on security personnel in Dantewada in little
over a month, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh will
arrive here tonight on a two-day visit and is scheduled to
meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
According to state government sources, Singh is scheduled
to arrive late tonight and would meet the Prime Minister and
deputy chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia
While Singh`s meeting with Ahluwalia is scheduled for
finalising the state`s annual plan for 2010-11, sources said
his meeting with the PM was fixed after yesterday`s brazen
Maoist attack in Dantewada where a bus carrying civilians as
well as a group of special police officers was blown up by
them, killing 35 persons.
The Chief Minister is likely to meet Home Minister
P Chidambaram also during his visit, the sources said.
In a series of deadly attacks this year, Maoists
massacred 76 security personnel on April 6 in Dantewada, blew
up a bulletproof vehicle on May 8 killing eight CRPF men and
yesterday attacked a bus carrying civilians and security men,
claiming 35 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice