Raman Singh to meet PM on Wednesday
New Delhi: In the aftermath of the third
Maoist attack on security personnel in Dantewada in little
over a month, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh will
arrive here tonight on a two-day visit and is scheduled to
meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh tomorrow.
According to state government sources, Singh is scheduled
to arrive late tonight and would meet the Prime Minister and
deputy chairman of Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia
While Singh`s meeting with Ahluwalia is scheduled for
finalising the state`s annual plan for 2010-11, sources said
his meeting with the PM was fixed after yesterday`s brazen
Maoist attack in Dantewada where a bus carrying civilians as
well as a group of special police officers was blown up by
them, killing 35 persons.
The Chief Minister is likely to meet Home Minister
P Chidambaram also during his visit, the sources said.
In a series of deadly attacks this year, Maoists
massacred 76 security personnel on April 6 in Dantewada, blew
up a bulletproof vehicle on May 8 killing eight CRPF men and
yesterday attacked a bus carrying civilians and security men,
claiming 35 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25