Ramdev advises sages to maintain distance from women
Haridwar: Yoga guru Ramdev on Monday said that sages and holymen should avoid being alone with women, including their mothers, daughters and mothers-in-law, as that was the prescription laid down in Hindu scriptures.
"One of the principles of ideal behaviour for saints prescribed by the scriptures is to maintain a distance from women, including their mothers, daughters and mothers-in-law," Ramdev said.
His reference was to the recent arrest of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl.
Without taking any names, Ramdev said that any holyman who violated the said prescription of dignified behaviour was sure to land in trouble.
"Some may be facing allegations today, some may face them tomorrow if this scriptural prescription is violated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez