Ramdev aide Balkrishna equated with Gandhi, Bose
New Delhi: Although Ramdev aide Balkrishna is in jail in Dehradun in connection with the passport forgery case, his supporters have ensured his presence at Ramlila Maidan.
A poster at Baba Ramdev’s protest venue caught the attention of thousands of people who have gathered to lend support to yoga guru’s movement against black money.
Later, the poster was removed after it was reported by Zee News.
When asked about the incident, SK Tijarawala, Ramdev`s media coordinator, said that he did not know who placed the poster and then removed it.
The poster with the tag line ‘jail is the holy place of revolutionary’ featured Mahatma Gandhi, Subash Chandra Bose, Sardar Vallab Bhai Patel, Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati, Shivaji and Balkrishna.
Also, people seated on the stage, while addressing the crowds, termed Balkrishna as a soldier in the fight against the evil of black money who has been arrested to weaken the movement.
Clearly, Baba Ramdev will have a lot to answer on the suitability of the poster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH