Ramdev aide Balkrishna equated with Gandhi, Bose
New Delhi: Although Ramdev aide Balkrishna is in jail in Dehradun in connection with the passport forgery case, his supporters have ensured his presence at Ramlila Maidan.
A poster at Baba Ramdev’s protest venue caught the attention of thousands of people who have gathered to lend support to yoga guru’s movement against black money.
Later, the poster was removed after it was reported by Zee News.
When asked about the incident, SK Tijarawala, Ramdev`s media coordinator, said that he did not know who placed the poster and then removed it.
The poster with the tag line ‘jail is the holy place of revolutionary’ featured Mahatma Gandhi, Subash Chandra Bose, Sardar Vallab Bhai Patel, Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati, Shivaji and Balkrishna.
Also, people seated on the stage, while addressing the crowds, termed Balkrishna as a soldier in the fight against the evil of black money who has been arrested to weaken the movement.
Clearly, Baba Ramdev will have a lot to answer on the suitability of the poster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir