Ramdev alleges conspiracy to link him to death of an associate
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday alleged that a senior Congress leader was hatching conspiracy to link him to the death of a Bharat Swabhiman Manch activist and disappearance of his Guru Shankar Dev.
Addressing a press conference here, Ramdev said efforts are being made to point fingers at him for death of Rajiv Dixit though he died due a cardiac problem.
"There has been conspiracy to blame me for his death. I never thought people can go to this extent to blame me. I challenge him to confront me," he said without naming the Congress leader.
Dixit had died in November 2010 in Chattisgarh.
"Rajiv had died of a heart attack. Everybody knows it. But efforts are on to blame me for the death. I have come here to tell you the truth," Ramdev said.
He alleged that the leader was also trying to link him for disappearance of Shankar Dev.
"How can one think of it. Can a pupil do such a henious crime. In fact people have been given money to defame me for this also," Ramdev said.
The yoga guru, who led an agitation on blackmoney issue, however, refused to name the leader.
He also attacked Congress for "rampant" corruption in the country and alleged that government agencies are being "used" against him.
Asked about the `Jal Satyagraha` by people in Khandwa and Harda districts of Madhya Pradesh, Ramdev said the demand of the agitators should be looked into seriously.
"I spoke to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The issue must be addressed to," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock