`Ramdev an attention seeker, fast a sham`
New Delhi: From calling him "distrustful" to an "attention seeker", and his fast against corruption a "sham", voices against yoga guru Baba Ramdev in the virtual world outnumbered those in his support, reflecting in many ways the view of the younger generation of him.
Twenty five-year-old Vivek Malik, an aware Netizen, wrote on Facebook: "Baba has not got his due share in the prevailing loot, that`s why he`s making this hue and cry. It is all a sham."
Sushant Jha, taking on politicians, said: "Before criticising Baba, (Congress general secretary) Digvijay Singh must disclose the assets of his brothers and relatives. Politics is not the prerogative of lawyers, professors or former kings."
Then there was Shailey Hingorani, who said she was severely disappointed by Novak Djokovi`s performance at the French Open and was looking at Baba Ramdev to provide the "weekend`s entertainment"!
Then there were those who believed that Gandhian leader Anna Hazare is the true face of anti-corruption movement, and not Baba Ramdev.
The status message of Aparajita Krishna on Facebook read: "Sorry, but i m deeply distrustful of Baba Ramdev, Shri Shri, Anna Hazare type of all power, no responsibility kind of interventionist religion-politics. why can`t the innocent masses throw out the government in corruption and vote a better alternative? why should your mandate be also hijacked by these `baba logs`?"
Then there was Gaytri Madhura, calling Ramdev "just a attention seeker".
However, there were some like Manish Birla, seeking Ramdev`s suggestion in tackling corruption.
"Need suggestion.. passport police verification whole world know we need to pay bribe to get the passport.. no body is doing any thing.. Babaji how can you help me in this. i`m trying not to pay bribe but without that i don`t know how to get passport also... please suggest how should i proceed.. should i pay bribe and close the chapter or i can get some help," he wrote.
Congratulating Ramdev on his crusade against corruption, Kishor Bhutani wrote: "Congratulations and thank you Baba ji and Anna ji to come together. Thank you for thinking so much about my India. This is the great beginning towards bright future of India."
Harsh Choudhary wrote: "I am wid u Baba, will do any thing you want to do and will fight for our country. Vande Matram..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Horrific! Huge serpent creeps into man's toilet; attacks genitals – Watch
- PM Modi still most popular leader; NDA to get 342 seats if elections held today: Survey
- Consume lots of fruits during pregnancy to have smart kids!
- Eight killed after jeep falls in gorge in Uttarakhand
- 'No past govts ever achieved as much as Narendra Modi did in past two years'