Ramdev asks Sonia to control Cong leaders
New Delhi: As he prepares for his indefinite protest with a three-day "self introspection" preceding it, yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday asked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to rein in party leaders accusing them of crossing limits and warned against any conspiracy to damage his agitation.
He said he is going to the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhai Patel in Gujarat where he will spend the next three days for "self introspection".
"Frightened over the agitation from August nine, some leaders of the Congress are making statements which are beyond any decency. I request Sonia Gandhi to rein them in," he said in a statement.
Ramdev, who will be sitting on protest at the Ramlila Maidan here from where he was bundled out last year during an indefinite protest against blackmoney, also said his protest will be non-violent.
"We appeal to Delhi Police or Central government that when the whole country is passing through a crucial phase, they should not indulge in any conspiracy to hamper his Constitutional right to protest," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!