Ramdev asks Sonia to control Cong leaders
New Delhi: As he prepares for his indefinite protest with a three-day "self introspection" preceding it, yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday asked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to rein in party leaders accusing them of crossing limits and warned against any conspiracy to damage his agitation.
He said he is going to the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhai Patel in Gujarat where he will spend the next three days for "self introspection".
"Frightened over the agitation from August nine, some leaders of the Congress are making statements which are beyond any decency. I request Sonia Gandhi to rein them in," he said in a statement.
Ramdev, who will be sitting on protest at the Ramlila Maidan here from where he was bundled out last year during an indefinite protest against blackmoney, also said his protest will be non-violent.
"We appeal to Delhi Police or Central government that when the whole country is passing through a crucial phase, they should not indulge in any conspiracy to hamper his Constitutional right to protest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’