Ramdev asks Sonia to control Cong leaders
New Delhi: As he prepares for his indefinite protest with a three-day "self introspection" preceding it, yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday asked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to rein in party leaders accusing them of crossing limits and warned against any conspiracy to damage his agitation.
He said he is going to the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhai Patel in Gujarat where he will spend the next three days for "self introspection".
"Frightened over the agitation from August nine, some leaders of the Congress are making statements which are beyond any decency. I request Sonia Gandhi to rein them in," he said in a statement.
Ramdev, who will be sitting on protest at the Ramlila Maidan here from where he was bundled out last year during an indefinite protest against blackmoney, also said his protest will be non-violent.
"We appeal to Delhi Police or Central government that when the whole country is passing through a crucial phase, they should not indulge in any conspiracy to hamper his Constitutional right to protest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco