Ramdev asks Sonia to control Cong leaders
New Delhi: As he prepares for his indefinite protest with a three-day "self introspection" preceding it, yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday asked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to rein in party leaders accusing them of crossing limits and warned against any conspiracy to damage his agitation.
He said he is going to the birthplace of Sardar Vallabhai Patel in Gujarat where he will spend the next three days for "self introspection".
"Frightened over the agitation from August nine, some leaders of the Congress are making statements which are beyond any decency. I request Sonia Gandhi to rein them in," he said in a statement.
Ramdev, who will be sitting on protest at the Ramlila Maidan here from where he was bundled out last year during an indefinite protest against blackmoney, also said his protest will be non-violent.
"We appeal to Delhi Police or Central government that when the whole country is passing through a crucial phase, they should not indulge in any conspiracy to hamper his Constitutional right to protest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried