Ramdev backs Narendra Modi`s `toilets first, temples later` remark
Raigarh: Yoga guru Ramdev on Sunday came out in support of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s `toilets first, temples later` remark even as he backed BJP`s cause for the upcoming Parliamentary elections saying that the party would win "300 seats" in the Lok Sabha.
"Some people are pointlessly criticising his (Modi`s) remarks," Ramdev told reporters here. "Both toilets and temples are needed in the country. Temples are our culture and toilets are an absolute necessity."
Referring to the Lok Sabha polls slated to be held next year, Ramdev said that, along with the Assembly elections in five states this year, it will create history in Indian politics.
"Assembly polls in five states and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls will create history. Modi-led BJP and its allies will win more than 300 seats in the Lok Sabha elections, while Congress-led UPA will be limited to 100 seats," Ramdev said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!