Ramdev bats for Modi, trains gun at Nitish for `Rambo` remark
Patna: Batting for Narendra Modi, yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday took a jibe at Nitish Kumar saying he was opposing the Gujarat chief minister because his rise meant danger for the JD(U) leader.
"He (Kumar) thinks his politics will be in danger with the rise of Narendra Modi," Ramdev told reporters.
Ramdev was responding to media queries on Kumar`s indirect dig at Modi that he was not a "Rambo" like his Gujarat counterpart to rescue 15,000 people in a day.
The yoga guru said Kumar should have been happy that somebody from backward and most backward castes has come forward to change the corrupt system under UPA.
"Earlier, feudal forces were afraid of Modi but now even those hailing from OBC and EBC are feeling threatened," Ramdev said referring to Kumar.
"Such prejudiced feeling is not good for the country," he said.
The yoga guru arrived here on way to Muzzaffarpur.
Asserting that he himself hails from similar background, Ramdev appealed OBC and EBCs to come together for the welfare of the deprived sections of the society.
Asked if he would play an active role in 2014 general elections, the yoga guru said he was already in the open field.
Supporting BJP`s demand for removal of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, Ramdev said the devastation magnified because of one person and instead of taking action against him the Congress is patting his back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India