Ramdev being taken to Haridwar: Pillai
New Delhi: Home Secretary GK Pillai on Sunday said yoga guru Baba Ramdev was being taken to his ashram in Haridwar after police in a midnight action quelled his mass hunger strike and dispersed thousands of his followers.
"He is being taken to his ashram in Haridwar. He will be there by lunch time," Pillai said.
He dismissed the claim by Ramdev`s supporters that the yoga guru was arrested.
He was detained for a while and later escorted out of Delhi, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch