Ramdev being taken to Haridwar: Pillai
New Delhi: Home Secretary GK Pillai on Sunday said yoga guru Baba Ramdev was being taken to his ashram in Haridwar after police in a midnight action quelled his mass hunger strike and dispersed thousands of his followers.
"He is being taken to his ashram in Haridwar. He will be there by lunch time," Pillai said.
He dismissed the claim by Ramdev`s supporters that the yoga guru was arrested.
He was detained for a while and later escorted out of Delhi, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'