Ramdev dares govt to arrest him with warrant
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev, whose indefinite fast was ended abruptly by Delhi Police in a mid-night swoop, on Sunday challenged the government to arrest him with a proper warrant and condemned the "excesses" on his followers.
Speaking to a TV channel from an undisclosed location, he termed the police operation at Ramlila Maidan, venue of his agitation, as unfortunate.
Ramdev said that "they (he and his followers) have not committed any sin. So why is it that they were subjected to such brutality." He also claimed that no police officer has spoken to him so far.
"I request the Prime Minister that if they want to arrest me, then they should arrest me with a proper warrant during the day time. Why they came like thieves and did this, it is unfortunate," he said and also asked people to protest the police action.
He appealed to the people to lodge their protest against police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you