Ramdev dares govt to arrest him with warrant
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev, whose indefinite fast was ended abruptly by Delhi Police in a mid-night swoop, on Sunday challenged the government to arrest him with a proper warrant and condemned the "excesses" on his followers.
Speaking to a TV channel from an undisclosed location, he termed the police operation at Ramlila Maidan, venue of his agitation, as unfortunate.
Ramdev said that "they (he and his followers) have not committed any sin. So why is it that they were subjected to such brutality." He also claimed that no police officer has spoken to him so far.
"I request the Prime Minister that if they want to arrest me, then they should arrest me with a proper warrant during the day time. Why they came like thieves and did this, it is unfortunate," he said and also asked people to protest the police action.
He appealed to the people to lodge their protest against police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!