Ramdev dares govt to arrest him with warrant
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev, whose indefinite fast was ended abruptly by Delhi Police in a mid-night swoop, on Sunday challenged the government to arrest him with a proper warrant and condemned the "excesses" on his followers.
Speaking to a TV channel from an undisclosed location, he termed the police operation at Ramlila Maidan, venue of his agitation, as unfortunate.
Ramdev said that "they (he and his followers) have not committed any sin. So why is it that they were subjected to such brutality." He also claimed that no police officer has spoken to him so far.
"I request the Prime Minister that if they want to arrest me, then they should arrest me with a proper warrant during the day time. Why they came like thieves and did this, it is unfortunate," he said and also asked people to protest the police action.
He appealed to the people to lodge their protest against police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city