Ramdev dares govt to arrest him with warrant
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev, whose indefinite fast was ended abruptly by Delhi Police in a mid-night swoop, on Sunday challenged the government to arrest him with a proper warrant and condemned the "excesses" on his followers.
Speaking to a TV channel from an undisclosed location, he termed the police operation at Ramlila Maidan, venue of his agitation, as unfortunate.
Ramdev said that "they (he and his followers) have not committed any sin. So why is it that they were subjected to such brutality." He also claimed that no police officer has spoken to him so far.
"I request the Prime Minister that if they want to arrest me, then they should arrest me with a proper warrant during the day time. Why they came like thieves and did this, it is unfortunate," he said and also asked people to protest the police action.
He appealed to the people to lodge their protest against police action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'