Ramdev defers his ‘big announcement’ till Sunday
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday deferred by a day a "big" announcement on the next course of his agitation on blackmoney and Lokpal Bill as former Army chief Gen V K Singh will join him in the protest tomorrow.
Ramdev was to come up with his plans for the next phase of his agitation this evening on the third day of his fast. He did not specify whether his fast was also being extended.
"Tomorrow there will be an announcement on the big revolution to be staged in the country. We are waiting (for government response) till this evening. Many things will happen tomorrow not only in Ramlila Maidan here but across the country," he told his supporters.
He said the agitation will move in a "new direction" tomorrow with youth joining his movement.
Ramdev`s announcement came after long meetings with his close aides during the day at the protest venue.
Gen Singh, who spoke at Team Anna`s indefinite fast before ending it, will join the yoga guru at the protest venue tomorrow, a Ramdev aide announced at the venue.
Media was heckled at the venue as angry supporters objected to what they alleged was biased coverage of the protest. The crowd had dwindled from over 20,000 on the first day to less than half on the third day.
Earlier in the day, he said, "we will wait till evening (to hear from the government on our demands). Our three day deadline ends then. After that period is over, a roar will arise from this very Ramlila Maidan.
"We have not been taking names. But after then, we will take names who were in fault in this looting of country`s wealth," he said.
Ramdev also said he will submit support letters collected from gram sabhas and MPs to President Pranab Mukherjee and urge him to put pressure on government to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery