Ramdev defers his ‘big announcement’ till Sunday
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday deferred by a day a "big" announcement on the next course of his agitation on blackmoney and Lokpal Bill as former Army chief Gen V K Singh will join him in the protest tomorrow.
Ramdev was to come up with his plans for the next phase of his agitation this evening on the third day of his fast. He did not specify whether his fast was also being extended.
"Tomorrow there will be an announcement on the big revolution to be staged in the country. We are waiting (for government response) till this evening. Many things will happen tomorrow not only in Ramlila Maidan here but across the country," he told his supporters.
He said the agitation will move in a "new direction" tomorrow with youth joining his movement.
Ramdev`s announcement came after long meetings with his close aides during the day at the protest venue.
Gen Singh, who spoke at Team Anna`s indefinite fast before ending it, will join the yoga guru at the protest venue tomorrow, a Ramdev aide announced at the venue.
Media was heckled at the venue as angry supporters objected to what they alleged was biased coverage of the protest. The crowd had dwindled from over 20,000 on the first day to less than half on the third day.
Earlier in the day, he said, "we will wait till evening (to hear from the government on our demands). Our three day deadline ends then. After that period is over, a roar will arise from this very Ramlila Maidan.
"We have not been taking names. But after then, we will take names who were in fault in this looting of country`s wealth," he said.
Ramdev also said he will submit support letters collected from gram sabhas and MPs to President Pranab Mukherjee and urge him to put pressure on government to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'