Ramdev defers his ‘big announcement’ till Sunday
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday deferred by a day a "big" announcement on the next course of his agitation on blackmoney and Lokpal Bill as former Army chief Gen V K Singh will join him in the protest tomorrow.
Ramdev was to come up with his plans for the next phase of his agitation this evening on the third day of his fast. He did not specify whether his fast was also being extended.
"Tomorrow there will be an announcement on the big revolution to be staged in the country. We are waiting (for government response) till this evening. Many things will happen tomorrow not only in Ramlila Maidan here but across the country," he told his supporters.
He said the agitation will move in a "new direction" tomorrow with youth joining his movement.
Ramdev`s announcement came after long meetings with his close aides during the day at the protest venue.
Gen Singh, who spoke at Team Anna`s indefinite fast before ending it, will join the yoga guru at the protest venue tomorrow, a Ramdev aide announced at the venue.
Media was heckled at the venue as angry supporters objected to what they alleged was biased coverage of the protest. The crowd had dwindled from over 20,000 on the first day to less than half on the third day.
Earlier in the day, he said, "we will wait till evening (to hear from the government on our demands). Our three day deadline ends then. After that period is over, a roar will arise from this very Ramlila Maidan.
"We have not been taking names. But after then, we will take names who were in fault in this looting of country`s wealth," he said.
Ramdev also said he will submit support letters collected from gram sabhas and MPs to President Pranab Mukherjee and urge him to put pressure on government to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon