Ramdev defers his ‘big announcement’ till Sunday
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday deferred by a day a "big" announcement on the next course of his agitation on blackmoney and Lokpal Bill as former Army chief Gen V K Singh will join him in the protest tomorrow.
Ramdev was to come up with his plans for the next phase of his agitation this evening on the third day of his fast. He did not specify whether his fast was also being extended.
"Tomorrow there will be an announcement on the big revolution to be staged in the country. We are waiting (for government response) till this evening. Many things will happen tomorrow not only in Ramlila Maidan here but across the country," he told his supporters.
He said the agitation will move in a "new direction" tomorrow with youth joining his movement.
Ramdev`s announcement came after long meetings with his close aides during the day at the protest venue.
Gen Singh, who spoke at Team Anna`s indefinite fast before ending it, will join the yoga guru at the protest venue tomorrow, a Ramdev aide announced at the venue.
Media was heckled at the venue as angry supporters objected to what they alleged was biased coverage of the protest. The crowd had dwindled from over 20,000 on the first day to less than half on the third day.
Earlier in the day, he said, "we will wait till evening (to hear from the government on our demands). Our three day deadline ends then. After that period is over, a roar will arise from this very Ramlila Maidan.
"We have not been taking names. But after then, we will take names who were in fault in this looting of country`s wealth," he said.
Ramdev also said he will submit support letters collected from gram sabhas and MPs to President Pranab Mukherjee and urge him to put pressure on government to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins