Ramdev defers his ‘big announcement’ till Sunday
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday deferred by a day a "big" announcement on the next course of his agitation on blackmoney and Lokpal Bill as former Army chief Gen V K Singh will join him in the protest tomorrow.
Ramdev was to come up with his plans for the next phase of his agitation this evening on the third day of his fast. He did not specify whether his fast was also being extended.
"Tomorrow there will be an announcement on the big revolution to be staged in the country. We are waiting (for government response) till this evening. Many things will happen tomorrow not only in Ramlila Maidan here but across the country," he told his supporters.
He said the agitation will move in a "new direction" tomorrow with youth joining his movement.
Ramdev`s announcement came after long meetings with his close aides during the day at the protest venue.
Gen Singh, who spoke at Team Anna`s indefinite fast before ending it, will join the yoga guru at the protest venue tomorrow, a Ramdev aide announced at the venue.
Media was heckled at the venue as angry supporters objected to what they alleged was biased coverage of the protest. The crowd had dwindled from over 20,000 on the first day to less than half on the third day.
Earlier in the day, he said, "we will wait till evening (to hear from the government on our demands). Our three day deadline ends then. After that period is over, a roar will arise from this very Ramlila Maidan.
"We have not been taking names. But after then, we will take names who were in fault in this looting of country`s wealth," he said.
Ramdev also said he will submit support letters collected from gram sabhas and MPs to President Pranab Mukherjee and urge him to put pressure on government to act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened