Ramdev favours building of Ram temple, praises Ayodhya verdict
Faizabad: Yoga guru Ramdev Friday said
the High Court verdict on Ayodhya issue was "a well balanced decision" and favoured construction of a Ram temple.
Ramdev said that many Muslim delegations met him in
the past and voiced support for construction of Ram temple in
"I am in contact with Muslims religious leaders. They
are in favour of construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya," he
At a function here, Ramdev honoured Mahant Gyan Das of
Hanumangarhi and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, the main plaintiff of
Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits, for their efforts to
resolve the issue amicably.
On the issue of corruption, Ramdev urged the prime
minister to take decisive steps against the menace.
"The prime minister is honest and we all respect him
for it and if he takes decisive steps against corruption he
would be called an ideal prime minister... or else the country
would never forgive him", Ramdev told reporters.
He claimed that two years back a minister in
Uttarakhand government had demanded a bribe of Rs two crore
for him for grant of permission related with some land issue
and he had raised the issue with then chief minister.
"But he didn`t listen to me," Ramdev said, without
divulging the name of the minister.
He said the statements of leading industrialists like
Ratan Tata and Rahul Bajaj reflected the mood of the people
who were tired of corruption and asked the central government
to initiate steps so that the black money stashed in Swiss
banks is brought back to the country.
"When America and Germany can get back their money
why can`t India," he said and asked the government to bring in
a tough legislation to check corruption.
Ramdev asked the local people of Faizabad to refer to
the city as Ayodhya. "The district which was the birthplace of
the lord should be known by a name which has affinity to him,"
he said .
He also paid obeisance at a makeshift temple in
Ayodhya. He also met VHP president Ashok Singhal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail