Ramdev favours building of Ram temple, praises Ayodhya verdict
Faizabad: Yoga guru Ramdev Friday said
the High Court verdict on Ayodhya issue was "a well balanced decision" and favoured construction of a Ram temple.
Ramdev said that many Muslim delegations met him in
the past and voiced support for construction of Ram temple in
"I am in contact with Muslims religious leaders. They
are in favour of construction of Ram temple at Ayodhya," he
At a function here, Ramdev honoured Mahant Gyan Das of
Hanumangarhi and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, the main plaintiff of
Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits, for their efforts to
resolve the issue amicably.
On the issue of corruption, Ramdev urged the prime
minister to take decisive steps against the menace.
"The prime minister is honest and we all respect him
for it and if he takes decisive steps against corruption he
would be called an ideal prime minister... or else the country
would never forgive him", Ramdev told reporters.
He claimed that two years back a minister in
Uttarakhand government had demanded a bribe of Rs two crore
for him for grant of permission related with some land issue
and he had raised the issue with then chief minister.
"But he didn`t listen to me," Ramdev said, without
divulging the name of the minister.
He said the statements of leading industrialists like
Ratan Tata and Rahul Bajaj reflected the mood of the people
who were tired of corruption and asked the central government
to initiate steps so that the black money stashed in Swiss
banks is brought back to the country.
"When America and Germany can get back their money
why can`t India," he said and asked the government to bring in
a tough legislation to check corruption.
Ramdev asked the local people of Faizabad to refer to
the city as Ayodhya. "The district which was the birthplace of
the lord should be known by a name which has affinity to him,"
he said .
He also paid obeisance at a makeshift temple in
Ayodhya. He also met VHP president Ashok Singhal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters