Ramdev hails Mamata’s decision to move no-trust motion against UPA
Haridwar: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has hailed Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee’s decision to move a no-confidence motion against the UPA government during the winter session of the Parliament.
"I support Mamata Banerjee who is planning a no-confidence motion against the government in the parliament. All those political parties that aim to work in cause of the commoners should support this no-confidence motion. In my view, this corrupt government shouldn’t be allowed to govern even for a day," Baba Ramdev told media here on Sunday.
Baba Ramdev further said that the Congress party has lost all morality and the Constitutional rights to govern because of spate of scandals surfacing in the public domain.
"Rampant scams such as the coal scam, telecom scam have maligned the image of the Congress party and I think it has no right to stay in power at the central level. It has no Constitutional or moral right to remain in power," he added.
Banerjee had earlier announced that her party would bring a no confidence motion against the UPA govt in the winter session of Parliament.
"Our party’s parliamentary leader in Parliament Sudip Bandyopadhay will move the no-confidence on the first day of the winter session," Banerjee said.
The Winter Session of Parliament will begin on November 22.
The TMC had parted ways with the UPA coalition over differences on the fresh economic reforms introduced by the government in mid-September, including the decision to allow foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail.
Parliament did not function for the entire Monsoon Session over the demand of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation and cancellation of licences of coal blocks and an independent probe into the coal scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal