Ramdev moved to hospital after health scare
Haridwar: Baba Ramdev was on Friday taken to a hospital in Dehradun after his health condition worsened on the seventh day of his fast.
Doctors decided to shift him to the ICU of Himalayan Medical Institute as his vital parameters are weak. He is being administered glucose through the intra-venal method as the Yoga guru is still refusing to give up his fast.
There is also a likelihood that the Yoga guru may be forced fed if his vitals slip further.
As per medical bulletin issued earlier in the morning, the condition of Baba Ramdev, who is fasting for tougher anti-graft laws and bringing back black money from foreign nations, was deteriorating rapidly.
Giving details about his health, Chief Medical Officer - Haridwar, Dr Yogesh Sharma had said, “We are recommending admitting Baba Ramdev to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) so that his life could be saved. His pulse rate has slipped to 58 and the blood pressure count is 104/70.”
Dr Sharma added, "Baba Ramdev’s health is going down. He has lost about five and half kilograms of weight and is suffering from acute dehydration. His kidneys have begun to slow down."
The CMO also said that the doctors attending him have requested that he should intake liquids like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his fast, he added.
“Though Baba yesterday agreed to take lemonade and honey that will eventually suffice for glucose deficiency in his body, he is still critical because of excessive weight loss and dehydration”, the CMO further added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'