Ramdev moved to hospital after health scare
Haridwar: Baba Ramdev was on Friday taken to a hospital in Dehradun after his health condition worsened on the seventh day of his fast.
Doctors decided to shift him to the ICU of Himalayan Medical Institute as his vital parameters are weak. He is being administered glucose through the intra-venal method as the Yoga guru is still refusing to give up his fast.
There is also a likelihood that the Yoga guru may be forced fed if his vitals slip further.
As per medical bulletin issued earlier in the morning, the condition of Baba Ramdev, who is fasting for tougher anti-graft laws and bringing back black money from foreign nations, was deteriorating rapidly.
Giving details about his health, Chief Medical Officer - Haridwar, Dr Yogesh Sharma had said, “We are recommending admitting Baba Ramdev to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) so that his life could be saved. His pulse rate has slipped to 58 and the blood pressure count is 104/70.”
Dr Sharma added, "Baba Ramdev’s health is going down. He has lost about five and half kilograms of weight and is suffering from acute dehydration. His kidneys have begun to slow down."
The CMO also said that the doctors attending him have requested that he should intake liquids like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his fast, he added.
“Though Baba yesterday agreed to take lemonade and honey that will eventually suffice for glucose deficiency in his body, he is still critical because of excessive weight loss and dehydration”, the CMO further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok