Ramdev moved to hospital after health scare
Haridwar: Baba Ramdev was on Friday taken to a hospital in Dehradun after his health condition worsened on the seventh day of his fast.
Doctors decided to shift him to the ICU of Himalayan Medical Institute as his vital parameters are weak. He is being administered glucose through the intra-venal method as the Yoga guru is still refusing to give up his fast.
There is also a likelihood that the Yoga guru may be forced fed if his vitals slip further.
As per medical bulletin issued earlier in the morning, the condition of Baba Ramdev, who is fasting for tougher anti-graft laws and bringing back black money from foreign nations, was deteriorating rapidly.
Giving details about his health, Chief Medical Officer - Haridwar, Dr Yogesh Sharma had said, “We are recommending admitting Baba Ramdev to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) so that his life could be saved. His pulse rate has slipped to 58 and the blood pressure count is 104/70.”
Dr Sharma added, "Baba Ramdev’s health is going down. He has lost about five and half kilograms of weight and is suffering from acute dehydration. His kidneys have begun to slow down."
The CMO also said that the doctors attending him have requested that he should intake liquids like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his fast, he added.
“Though Baba yesterday agreed to take lemonade and honey that will eventually suffice for glucose deficiency in his body, he is still critical because of excessive weight loss and dehydration”, the CMO further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections