Ramdev moved to hospital after health scare
Haridwar: Baba Ramdev was on Friday taken to a hospital in Dehradun after his health condition worsened on the seventh day of his fast.
Doctors decided to shift him to the ICU of Himalayan Medical Institute as his vital parameters are weak. He is being administered glucose through the intra-venal method as the Yoga guru is still refusing to give up his fast.
There is also a likelihood that the Yoga guru may be forced fed if his vitals slip further.
As per medical bulletin issued earlier in the morning, the condition of Baba Ramdev, who is fasting for tougher anti-graft laws and bringing back black money from foreign nations, was deteriorating rapidly.
Giving details about his health, Chief Medical Officer - Haridwar, Dr Yogesh Sharma had said, “We are recommending admitting Baba Ramdev to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) so that his life could be saved. His pulse rate has slipped to 58 and the blood pressure count is 104/70.”
Dr Sharma added, "Baba Ramdev’s health is going down. He has lost about five and half kilograms of weight and is suffering from acute dehydration. His kidneys have begun to slow down."
The CMO also said that the doctors attending him have requested that he should intake liquids like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his fast, he added.
“Though Baba yesterday agreed to take lemonade and honey that will eventually suffice for glucose deficiency in his body, he is still critical because of excessive weight loss and dehydration”, the CMO further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley