Ramdev offers to bring truce between Modi, Nitish
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday offered to help resolve the differences between Chief Ministers Nitish Kumar of Bihar and Narendra Modi of Gujarat.
"I will try my best to resolve the differences between (them) if my service is sought," Ramdev told the media during a two-day visit to Bihar before leaving for Jharkhand.
Ramdev said he believed that Modi and Nitish Kumar should shun their political and ideological differences.
He said both men shared the same zodiac sign and were "natural allies" to work together for a larger cause.
Ramdev, however, quickly added that while India needed Modi, Bihar needed Nitish Kumar for its development.
"Modi will become the prime minister after the next General Election in 2014. The Congress-led UPA`s defeat is imminent as people across the country love Modi`s development and patriotic image."
Nitish Kumar has repeatedly made it clear that he would not accept the Bharatiya Janata Party`s leadership of a national coalition if Modi is chosen the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley