Ramdev offers to bring truce between Modi, Nitish
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday offered to help resolve the differences between Chief Ministers Nitish Kumar of Bihar and Narendra Modi of Gujarat.
"I will try my best to resolve the differences between (them) if my service is sought," Ramdev told the media during a two-day visit to Bihar before leaving for Jharkhand.
Ramdev said he believed that Modi and Nitish Kumar should shun their political and ideological differences.
He said both men shared the same zodiac sign and were "natural allies" to work together for a larger cause.
Ramdev, however, quickly added that while India needed Modi, Bihar needed Nitish Kumar for its development.
"Modi will become the prime minister after the next General Election in 2014. The Congress-led UPA`s defeat is imminent as people across the country love Modi`s development and patriotic image."
Nitish Kumar has repeatedly made it clear that he would not accept the Bharatiya Janata Party`s leadership of a national coalition if Modi is chosen the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves