Ramdev offers to bring truce between Modi, Nitish
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday offered to help resolve the differences between Chief Ministers Nitish Kumar of Bihar and Narendra Modi of Gujarat.
"I will try my best to resolve the differences between (them) if my service is sought," Ramdev told the media during a two-day visit to Bihar before leaving for Jharkhand.
Ramdev said he believed that Modi and Nitish Kumar should shun their political and ideological differences.
He said both men shared the same zodiac sign and were "natural allies" to work together for a larger cause.
Ramdev, however, quickly added that while India needed Modi, Bihar needed Nitish Kumar for its development.
"Modi will become the prime minister after the next General Election in 2014. The Congress-led UPA`s defeat is imminent as people across the country love Modi`s development and patriotic image."
Nitish Kumar has repeatedly made it clear that he would not accept the Bharatiya Janata Party`s leadership of a national coalition if Modi is chosen the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire