Ramdev offers to bring truce between Modi, Nitish
Patna: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday offered to help resolve the differences between Chief Ministers Nitish Kumar of Bihar and Narendra Modi of Gujarat.
"I will try my best to resolve the differences between (them) if my service is sought," Ramdev told the media during a two-day visit to Bihar before leaving for Jharkhand.
Ramdev said he believed that Modi and Nitish Kumar should shun their political and ideological differences.
He said both men shared the same zodiac sign and were "natural allies" to work together for a larger cause.
Ramdev, however, quickly added that while India needed Modi, Bihar needed Nitish Kumar for its development.
"Modi will become the prime minister after the next General Election in 2014. The Congress-led UPA`s defeat is imminent as people across the country love Modi`s development and patriotic image."
Nitish Kumar has repeatedly made it clear that he would not accept the Bharatiya Janata Party`s leadership of a national coalition if Modi is chosen the prime ministerial candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre