Ramdev: Results as people`s verdict against graft
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday sought to claim victory in Congress`s poor show in the Assembly elections, and announced another round of anti government protest on black money during the monsoon session of Parliament.
Claiming that the verdict of the people`s court was clearly against corruption and Congress`s reluctance to act on the demand of bringing back the black money stashed in foreign banks, Ramdev said Congress was now akin to a "sinking ship".
"The way the corrupt party has been vanquished and wiped out in the country shows the country has got justice.
"I held uncountable public meetings in these four states and reached almost 11 crore people and as a result the party bearing Ravana-like arrogance has been defeated," he told a press conference here.
Taking repeated digs at Rahul Gandhi without naming him, he said, in UP, the face-off was between two youths and the loser should learn a lesson from the "mega defeat".
"The youth who is used to a palatial lifestyle took a lot of pains. He travelled to villages, visited the homes of the poor and endured mosquitoes at their places.
"But he lost because he said no on the question of declaring black money a national asset. His part insulted a sanyasi, and insulted the people," he charged.
"Come the monsoon session of Parliament and the whole country will witness another round of protest, several time bigger than the one we held last year at Ramlila Maidan," he said.
Asked if he and his supporters will gather again at the Ramlila Maidan, he said, "the bookings have been done".
"Anna, Kejriwal and other members of their team will also join us... This time we hope even police will desert the sinking ship and refrain from committing atrocities," he said.
He said Congress`s coalition partners at the Centre should take the lesson that the party is now a "sinking ship" which should be deserted.
Terming the election results a "historic turn" in the politics of the country, he said the rise in voting percentage for which a number of people, including the Election
Commission, need to be credited was an important fact in "defeating" the "party that looted the nation".
He said the results were an indication that the country`s politics was turning towards "issues", and claimed that all the victorious parties, be it SAD or SP had agreed in principle to his campaign against black money.
"I had already advised him to change his guru. This is what happened when you have a guru ghantal," he took another dig at Rahul and apparently at Digvijay Singh.
"We had asked the people to vote for the lesser corrupt and they have given their answers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs