Ramdev sits on dharna against Balkrishna`s arrest
Dehra Dun: Yoga Guru Ramdev on Saturday staged a dharna in protest against the arrest of his aide Balkrishna accusing the Centre of misusing the CBI to harass nationalist people.
He also vowed to fight black money and corruption through a renewed agitation which would start from Aug 9 in New Delhi and said he would continue to fight for bringing back Rs 400 lakh crore of black money stashed abroad.
"Acharya Balkrishna is not a terrorist or a criminal, rather he has honestly worked for the welfare of crores of people through his knowledge on Ayurveda. We are standing by him on moral grounds," Ramdev told reporters here at Lachhiwala area where he was stopped by the police.
Later, Ramdev sat on a dharna in front of the CBI office here to protest against the arrest of Balkrishna.
He criticized the centre for misusing their investigative agencies for harassing people, who dedicated their lives for the sake of people.
"The centre is using the CBI as its puppet," he said.
Regarding the allegations on his aide Acharya Balkrishna for obtaining passport on fake documents, Ramdev claimed that Nepalese government has already communicated to India that Balkrishna is not a Nepalese citizen.
Ramdev said he was not scared of any investigation against him as well as his trust.
"I am not scared. Only those people should be scared who have stashed the country`s money in foreign banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi