Ramdev stable; to be discharged tomorrow
Dehradun: The condition of yoga guru
Ramdev is stable and he will be discharged tomorrow provided
all his parameters record improvement, doctors attending on
him said Monday.
"He has taken fruits and juice. He is able to sit and
is feeling better. He walked within his hospital room," said
Dr S L Jethani, Medical Superintendent, Himalayan Hospital.
Ramdev had given up his nine-day fast yesterday after
being persuaded by Sri Sri Ravishankar and other spiritual
leaders. He had been on a hunger strike since June 4 demanding
a tougher anti-corruption law and seeking return of black
money stashed away abroad.
"We are monitoring his health every half-an-hour,"
"He wants to go. But since his parameters are
fluctuating we advised him to take rest till today. A team of
doctors will decide whether or not he can be discharged
tomorrow," he said.
He said there was improvement in his condition but he
has complained of weakness.
"There is improvement in functioning of liver. He is
taking rest after breaking his fast yesterday," the doctor
Ramdev was admitted to the hospital on June 10 after
his condition deteriorated at his Patanjali Yogapeeth ashram
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?