Ramdev stable; to be discharged tomorrow
Dehradun: The condition of yoga guru
Ramdev is stable and he will be discharged tomorrow provided
all his parameters record improvement, doctors attending on
him said Monday.
"He has taken fruits and juice. He is able to sit and
is feeling better. He walked within his hospital room," said
Dr S L Jethani, Medical Superintendent, Himalayan Hospital.
Ramdev had given up his nine-day fast yesterday after
being persuaded by Sri Sri Ravishankar and other spiritual
leaders. He had been on a hunger strike since June 4 demanding
a tougher anti-corruption law and seeking return of black
money stashed away abroad.
"We are monitoring his health every half-an-hour,"
"He wants to go. But since his parameters are
fluctuating we advised him to take rest till today. A team of
doctors will decide whether or not he can be discharged
tomorrow," he said.
He said there was improvement in his condition but he
has complained of weakness.
"There is improvement in functioning of liver. He is
taking rest after breaking his fast yesterday," the doctor
Ramdev was admitted to the hospital on June 10 after
his condition deteriorated at his Patanjali Yogapeeth ashram
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown