Ramdev stable; to be discharged tomorrow
Dehradun: The condition of yoga guru
Ramdev is stable and he will be discharged tomorrow provided
all his parameters record improvement, doctors attending on
him said Monday.
"He has taken fruits and juice. He is able to sit and
is feeling better. He walked within his hospital room," said
Dr S L Jethani, Medical Superintendent, Himalayan Hospital.
Ramdev had given up his nine-day fast yesterday after
being persuaded by Sri Sri Ravishankar and other spiritual
leaders. He had been on a hunger strike since June 4 demanding
a tougher anti-corruption law and seeking return of black
money stashed away abroad.
"We are monitoring his health every half-an-hour,"
"He wants to go. But since his parameters are
fluctuating we advised him to take rest till today. A team of
doctors will decide whether or not he can be discharged
tomorrow," he said.
He said there was improvement in his condition but he
has complained of weakness.
"There is improvement in functioning of liver. He is
taking rest after breaking his fast yesterday," the doctor
Ramdev was admitted to the hospital on June 10 after
his condition deteriorated at his Patanjali Yogapeeth ashram
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional