Ramdev supporters perform yajna in Delhi
New Delhi: Women supporters of yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday performed yajna (fire ritual) to pray for the speedy recovery of Rajbala, a supporter who suffered spinal injuries during the police action against the fasting yoga guru on June 04.
Saroj Sharma, a protestor, said that by performing the ritual, they are praying for those injured in the raid.
"We are protesting against the police crackdown, specially on women, that was done during pre-dawn hours on June 04. The state where chief minister and secretary are women; we (women) have become the victim of police brutal violence. One of our sisters Rajabala is still struggling in the hospital because of that violent attack. So we are protesting to get justice for her. We are true to our cause and we all are with Swami Ramdev," said Sharma.
The yoga guru had been on a hunger strike against corruption along with 65,000 followers when the Delhi Police on the Central Government’s orders cracked down on their camp late on the night of June 04 at the Ramlila Maidan.
Delhi Police fired tear gas shells, when Ramdev was on his indefinite ``fast-unto-death`` stir to demand several radical reforms in the prevailing political system, including a death penalty for corrupt officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users