Ramdev threatens stir from August nine
Chandigarh: Yoga master Ramdev on Saturday threatened to launch a mass stir from August nine if the UPA government did not take effective steps for establishment of a strong Lokpal and in bringing back black money stashed abroad.
"The government is not taking result-oriented steps to bring back black money. It is also not doing enough for setting up an effective Lokpal to rein in corruption.
"They will have to do these two things. Otherwise on August nine, we will launch a stir with support of crores of people of this country," Ramdev said.
Quit India movement was launched on August nine, 1942.
"We will only relent when the black money will come back and the country gets a strong Lokpal. Otherwise, I am ready to pay with my life," he said after taking a round of world famous Rock Garden here.
The August nine stir would be "100 times bigger" than what the country witnessed at Ram Lila ground, Ramdev said.
"It will be a fight to the finish, a decisive battle. I can only say we will fight even if we have to give up our life for the nation and its people."
The yoga guru went round the Rock Garden, made of common household and other waste material, and met its creator Nek Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog