Ramdev threatens stir from August nine
Chandigarh: Yoga master Ramdev on Saturday threatened to launch a mass stir from August nine if the UPA government did not take effective steps for establishment of a strong Lokpal and in bringing back black money stashed abroad.
"The government is not taking result-oriented steps to bring back black money. It is also not doing enough for setting up an effective Lokpal to rein in corruption.
"They will have to do these two things. Otherwise on August nine, we will launch a stir with support of crores of people of this country," Ramdev said.
Quit India movement was launched on August nine, 1942.
"We will only relent when the black money will come back and the country gets a strong Lokpal. Otherwise, I am ready to pay with my life," he said after taking a round of world famous Rock Garden here.
The August nine stir would be "100 times bigger" than what the country witnessed at Ram Lila ground, Ramdev said.
"It will be a fight to the finish, a decisive battle. I can only say we will fight even if we have to give up our life for the nation and its people."
The yoga guru went round the Rock Garden, made of common household and other waste material, and met its creator Nek Chand.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates
- Won't be giving any more statements to media: Kangana Ranaut