Ramdev threatens to launch nationwide agitation
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev on Wednesday threatened
to launch a nationwide agitation against UPA, starting from
five poll-bound states, if it did not take "decisive" steps to
bring the Jan Lokpal Bill and repatriate black money stashed
abroad in the winter session of Parliament.
In a letter shot off to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
the yoga guru, who was bundled out of Delhi during his June
agitation at Ramlila Maidan against corruption, underlined his
demands and set a one-week deadline for being informed about
the measures taken to address his concerns.
He said he was demanding that the Jan Lokpal bill be
passed in the Winter session and efforts be made to bring back
black money stashed abroad. He also said there was a need for
change in the system.
"If the government does not take important and decisive
steps on these three issues in the winter session, then I will
be forced to organise agitations in the five poll-bound
states, including Uttar Pradesh, and later extend it to other
parts of the country," he told reporters while releasing
copies of his letter to the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation