Ramdev to attend Vivekananda`s 150th anniversary in the US
Washington: Indian yoga guru Ramdev will visit the US next month to take part in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda.
During his five-day trip beginning September 26, Ramdev will visit Chicago and New Jersey.
In Chicago, he will commemorate the 120th anniversary of the famous address by Vivekananda at the World Parliament of Religions on September 11, 1893, his organisers announced on Thursday.
According to the schedule, Ramdev will leave city of Houston on September 27 to take part in a programme in Chicago the next day.
He will be in New York on September 29 for a visit to New Jersey where he will be the chief guest and speaker at an event.
Ramdev will be in Atlanta on September 30 before flying back to India.
He visited the country last in July 2010.
On his way to the US, Ramdev will stop over in the UK for four days.
"Swamiji, a revolutionary yogi, has transformed India in yoga discipline. His motto has been `national interest comes first`," former Ambassador-at-Large of India Bhishma Kumar Agnihotri, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow