Ramdev to attend Vivekananda`s 150th anniversary in the US
Washington: Indian yoga guru Ramdev will visit the US next month to take part in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda.
During his five-day trip beginning September 26, Ramdev will visit Chicago and New Jersey.
In Chicago, he will commemorate the 120th anniversary of the famous address by Vivekananda at the World Parliament of Religions on September 11, 1893, his organisers announced on Thursday.
According to the schedule, Ramdev will leave city of Houston on September 27 to take part in a programme in Chicago the next day.
He will be in New York on September 29 for a visit to New Jersey where he will be the chief guest and speaker at an event.
Ramdev will be in Atlanta on September 30 before flying back to India.
He visited the country last in July 2010.
On his way to the US, Ramdev will stop over in the UK for four days.
"Swamiji, a revolutionary yogi, has transformed India in yoga discipline. His motto has been `national interest comes first`," former Ambassador-at-Large of India Bhishma Kumar Agnihotri, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband