Ramdev to attend Vivekananda`s 150th anniversary in the US
Washington: Indian yoga guru Ramdev will visit the US next month to take part in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda.
During his five-day trip beginning September 26, Ramdev will visit Chicago and New Jersey.
In Chicago, he will commemorate the 120th anniversary of the famous address by Vivekananda at the World Parliament of Religions on September 11, 1893, his organisers announced on Thursday.
According to the schedule, Ramdev will leave city of Houston on September 27 to take part in a programme in Chicago the next day.
He will be in New York on September 29 for a visit to New Jersey where he will be the chief guest and speaker at an event.
Ramdev will be in Atlanta on September 30 before flying back to India.
He visited the country last in July 2010.
On his way to the US, Ramdev will stop over in the UK for four days.
"Swamiji, a revolutionary yogi, has transformed India in yoga discipline. His motto has been `national interest comes first`," former Ambassador-at-Large of India Bhishma Kumar Agnihotri, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!