Ramdev to attend Vivekananda`s 150th anniversary in the US
Washington: Indian yoga guru Ramdev will visit the US next month to take part in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda.
During his five-day trip beginning September 26, Ramdev will visit Chicago and New Jersey.
In Chicago, he will commemorate the 120th anniversary of the famous address by Vivekananda at the World Parliament of Religions on September 11, 1893, his organisers announced on Thursday.
According to the schedule, Ramdev will leave city of Houston on September 27 to take part in a programme in Chicago the next day.
He will be in New York on September 29 for a visit to New Jersey where he will be the chief guest and speaker at an event.
Ramdev will be in Atlanta on September 30 before flying back to India.
He visited the country last in July 2010.
On his way to the US, Ramdev will stop over in the UK for four days.
"Swamiji, a revolutionary yogi, has transformed India in yoga discipline. His motto has been `national interest comes first`," former Ambassador-at-Large of India Bhishma Kumar Agnihotri, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror