Ramdev warns BJP of infighting, overconfidence ahead of polls
Nagpur: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday said that BJP was "over-enthusiastic" ahead of the Lok Sabha elections, and warned it against infighting within the party.
"BJP is overenthusiastic about winning the general elections this time," Ramdev said at a press conference here.
It needed to be patient, he added, while conceding that there was resentment within the party due to "announcement of candidature of some persons".
The yoga guru also said his support to the saffron party and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was based on specific issues.
However, he said he was confident that NDA would get an absolute majority, and stated that there was no alternative to Modi now.
The people were fed up with misrule, corruption and anarchy of the Congress-led UPA government. The country wanted to get rid of the dynastic rule and one-family rule, he said.
Ramdev also said Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal would face a disaster if he contested against Modi from Varanasi.
Kejriwal was not talking about Congress`s misrule, but had joined hands with the party, Ramdev alleged.
The yoga guru said he had prepared a nine-point "oath letter" which will be signed by all NDA contestants. The letter commits the candidate to bring back the black money and stop corruption, among other things.
He joined BJP`s candidate from Nagpur, Nitin Gadkari, in his mass contact programme, and released the `oath letter` signed by the former BJP chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people