Ramdev welcomes CIC order on political parties
New Delhi: Welcoming the CIC order, Yoga guru Ramdev today said political parties must come under the purview of RTI as they accept public money. Asked about the Chief Information Commissioner`s ruling that political parties come under the Right to Information Act which has been opposed by many parties, he said "if they are accepting public money then why shouldn`t they be in RTI`s ambit. Political parties must come under the purview of RTI."
Ramdev, who has supported Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate, also said he will try to persuade those who have reservations on the issue to come on board, including Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Asked about Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s opposition to Modi`s candidature, Ramdev said he has full faith in Nitish Kumar that he would rethink his decision keeping in mind the betterment of the country.
"If needed, I would also talk to him," Ramdev said. He also asked Aam Aadmi Party Convenor Arvind Kejriwal to join hands with Modi to fight corruption.He said Kejriwal is honest but in fight against this government`s "chakravyuh", only Modi is capable.
On his future course of action, Ramdev said before the general elections, "I would launch a massive agitation from September which would continue till the elections are held.
"This is necessary to make people aware about the government`s policies and intentions." On to the betting controversy, he said government should take charge of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), as "they take over the control of a religious place, through a trust, as soon as their income crosses Rs 50 crore.
"Then why is the government not taking over BCCI...?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'