Ramdev`s agitation "expensive": Medha Patkar
Mumbai: Social activist Medha Patkar -- who
recently concluded her own hunger strike over the issue of
removal of slums in Mumbai – on Friday said that Baba Ramdev`s
agitation was "expensive".
"Such expensive agitations show a different face of
protest. We are also against corruption, but such an
expensive agitation...by spending crores," Patkar said here.
The corporatisation of economic policy has led to black
money, Patkar said. She cautioned against Ramdev`s agitation
turning into a mere mass gathering.
Patkar also flayed the government over the difference
in treatment meted out to Ramdev and Anna Hazare, without
naming the latter. "The state should not discriminate between
agitations. Ministers going to airport (to receive Ramdev)..
It sends out a different message," she said.
"Are they behaving as ministers or (Ramdev`s) followers?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal