Ramdev’s aide Balkrishna at CBI office
Dehra Dun: Yoga Guru Ramdev`s close aide
Balkrishna, who allegedly used fake educational degrees for
procuring a passport, on Wednesday appeared before the CBI here for
In compliance with the Uttarakhand High Court order,
Balkrishna reported to the CBI office here, Balkrishna`s
personal secretary said.
While staying the arrest of Balkrishna, the state high
court had on July 29 asked Balkrishna to cooperate with the
CBI in investigations and appear before it today for
Balkrishna was earlier summoned by the CBI to appear
in its office here for interrogation on July 28. However,
instead of appearing before the agency, he had sent a fax to
the sleuths seeking 20-days` time to appear stating that his
passport is with the British High Commission.
But the agency turned down his plea and asked him to
appear without passport on July 29. Balkrishna had again
requested the CBI to give him 10 days` time.
The petition for stay on Balkrishna`s arrest was
placed before Justice P C Pant on July 28. However, he recused
himself and referred it to Chief Justice Barin Ghosh.
The next date of hearing has been fixed on August 29.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" from his Divya Yoga
Mandir Trust residence in Haridwar on July 25, a day after CBI
registered a case against him for cheating and criminal
conspiracy for procuring fake degree and violation of section
12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing fake documents to get
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in