Ramdev’s aide Balkrishna at CBI office
Dehra Dun: Yoga Guru Ramdev`s close aide
Balkrishna, who allegedly used fake educational degrees for
procuring a passport, on Wednesday appeared before the CBI here for
In compliance with the Uttarakhand High Court order,
Balkrishna reported to the CBI office here, Balkrishna`s
personal secretary said.
While staying the arrest of Balkrishna, the state high
court had on July 29 asked Balkrishna to cooperate with the
CBI in investigations and appear before it today for
Balkrishna was earlier summoned by the CBI to appear
in its office here for interrogation on July 28. However,
instead of appearing before the agency, he had sent a fax to
the sleuths seeking 20-days` time to appear stating that his
passport is with the British High Commission.
But the agency turned down his plea and asked him to
appear without passport on July 29. Balkrishna had again
requested the CBI to give him 10 days` time.
The petition for stay on Balkrishna`s arrest was
placed before Justice P C Pant on July 28. However, he recused
himself and referred it to Chief Justice Barin Ghosh.
The next date of hearing has been fixed on August 29.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" from his Divya Yoga
Mandir Trust residence in Haridwar on July 25, a day after CBI
registered a case against him for cheating and criminal
conspiracy for procuring fake degree and violation of section
12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing fake documents to get
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'