Ramdev`s charge ridiculous, he needs treatment for phobia: Congress
New Delhi: The war of words between Congress and yoga guru Ramdev on Tuesday intensified with the party advising him to consult a psychiatrist after he alleged his brother was booked for abduction under a conspiracy by the ruling party.
"He has been treating people through yoga. Now he himself seems to have developed a phobia. It is better that he consults some psychiatrist and get his mind treated," party spokesperson Meem Afzal said.
"It is ridiculous that he is blaming Congress for everything.... His brother has abducted somebody and for this an FIR has been registered against him," he said.
Ramdev`s brother has been booked by Uttarakhand police for allegedly abducting a former employee of the yoga guru and thrashing him in captivity.
Reacting to the development, Ramdev alleged that it was a "conspiracy" by the Congress as he was "exposing the party" during his tours.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh also rubbished the allegation saying "Baba Ramdev is not such a big personality that he will be targeted".
"If the family members of Baba Ramdev abduct somebody, what role does Congress or Digvijay Singh have in it. If they have abducted, let them answer the police," he said,
A complaint was filed by Somdutt yesterday against the yoga guru`s younger brother Ram Bharat accusing him of abducting his grandson Nitin Tyagi, a former employee of Ramdev`s Patanjali yogpeeth, and assaulting him.
Tyagi has been rescued and one person has been arrested in connection with his alleged abduction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India