Ramdev`s close aid Balkrishna`s judicial remand extended again
Dehra Dun: While Yoga Guru Ramdev was leading an agitation in Delhi on black money issue, his close aide Balkrishna`s remand was today extended by a CBI court for another 14 days in a case of forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
CBI special magistrate Preeto Sharma also extended the judicial remand of Naresh Chandra Dwivedi, a co-accused in the case, by 14 days and fixed August 27 as the next date of hearing, said a CBI counsel.
The two were sent back to Suddhowala jail.
A case of cheating and criminal conspiracy had been registered by CBI against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake documents to get the passport.
The CBI, on July 10, had filed a chargesheet in a special court here against him in the case.
He was arrested on July 20 from Haridwar, after a local court issued a non-bailable warrant against him as he failed to appear before it.
Dwivedi, however, had surrendered in the court of Dehra Dun chief judicial magistrate after a NBW was issued against him on Aug 1.
In its charge sheet, the CBI had also accused Dwivedi, the then Principal of Sanskrit Mahavidayala, Khurja in Uttar Pradesh for allegedly helping Balkrishna to obtain fake educational certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt