Ramdev`s close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik meets Hafiz Saeed
New Delhi: Baba Ramdev`s close aide Ved Pratap Vaidik on Sunday courted a controversy after his picture with 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed was released.
He, however, said that the photograph was released by him.
"Yes this photograph was released by me. I have my photo with Nawaz Shareef and other politicians too. I was there for 20 days and met several people there," said Vaidik.
He said that he met Saeed on July 2 in Lahore and had an hour long chat with him.
"Hafeez Saeed asked me about Narendra Modi. He said Modi is dangerous and now he has become the Prime Minister of India. He said that Modi is dangerous for the whole of South Asia. I said that his thinking is not right. There is no need to fear Modi," he added.
"Many South Asia ministers and media know me well. Everybody knows that only by dialogue we can sort out our issues. Violence and terror is not a solution. It is only through dialogue that we can resolve our issues," said Vaidik.
He said that he met Saeed as a journalist, and added, "He had seen my interviews and read my write ups."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'