Ramdev`s firms evaded excise duty worth over Rs 20 cr
Dehradun: Central Excise sleuths raided the firms of yoga guru Ramdev and claimed to have detected evasion of excise duty of over Rs 20 crore.
The Excise officials raided the firms of Ramdev in Uttarakhand yesterday and found that they were not paying excise duty on a number of cosmetic products being manufactured by them, Deputy Commissioner (Central Excise) RP Singh said today.
Though the total liability of the firms in this regard is still being ascertained, it must run into over Rs 20-22 crore, he said.
It was found that the firms were allegedly not paying excise duty on a number of products like soaps, handwash and facewash for quite some time.
The department is preparing to send a notice to Pantajali Yogpeeth in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?