Ramdev`s yoga camps are BJP poll meetings, alleges Congress
Khandwa: Congressmen lodged a protest with the district administration here on Tuesday, against Ramdev`s yoga camp to be held here from October 24.
In a memorandum, Congressmen demanded that the collector and district election officer ban Ramdev`s yoga camp on the grounds that it appeared to be more like a BJP`s poll meeting than a yoga camp.
Congress leaders also alleged that Ramdev campaigns for the BJP in his camps and demanded that expenses incurred by Ramdev`s camps should be added to the BJP`s poll expenses and the administration should also video-record activities in his yoga camps.
However, Additional District Magistrate (ADM) SS Baghel said that so far nobody from Ramdev`s side took any permission to organise yoga camps in the district.
The administration would act on the memorandum, depending upon the situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report