Ramdev`s yoga camps are BJP poll meetings, alleges Congress
Khandwa: Congressmen lodged a protest with the district administration here on Tuesday, against Ramdev`s yoga camp to be held here from October 24.
In a memorandum, Congressmen demanded that the collector and district election officer ban Ramdev`s yoga camp on the grounds that it appeared to be more like a BJP`s poll meeting than a yoga camp.
Congress leaders also alleged that Ramdev campaigns for the BJP in his camps and demanded that expenses incurred by Ramdev`s camps should be added to the BJP`s poll expenses and the administration should also video-record activities in his yoga camps.
However, Additional District Magistrate (ADM) SS Baghel said that so far nobody from Ramdev`s side took any permission to organise yoga camps in the district.
The administration would act on the memorandum, depending upon the situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda