Ramesh wants Maoists to drop arms and hold talks with govt
Jaipur: Union Rural Development minister Jairam Ramesh today said that the government would want to hold talks with Naxals, if they drop arms and adopt a democratic ideology.
Speaking at a function in Bassi town near here, Ramesh said that the governments` doors for talks with Naxals were open, provided they have faith in the country`s constitution and democratic system.
He said that 82 districts across nine states of the country were affected by Naxalism.
The minister was speaking after unveiling statues of paramilitary forces Jawans Ashok Verma and Kailash Meena in Banskho and Dheengad Ka Baas areas, in the Bassi town, respectively.
He said that the government would bring new land acquisition law soon to benefit the country`s farmers.
Chief minister Ashok Gehlot also highlighted initiatives of the state government for the welfare of the families of martyrs and ex-servicemen.
Gehlot said that the Kargil package for martyrs was unparallelled and has benefited their families immensely.
Ramesh praised chief minister`s rural BPL housing scheme as `ideal model` and said that the scheme has considerably benefited people.
Tribal leader and MP Kirori Meena said that he would welcome government`s "pro-farmer" land acquisition policy in the Parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!