Ramlila crackdown: Ramdev mulling to file appeal
Panaji: Yoga guru Ramdev on Monday said he was
contemplating the possibility of filing an appeal against the
Supreme Court judgement on the crackdown on his supporters at
Delhi`s Ramlila maidan in June last year.
"My legal experts are considering an appeal against the
verdict," he told reporters here.
Ramdev alleged that edited CCTV was given to the Supreme
Court, which was misguided by the police.
The Supreme Court has held the protesters responsible for
"contributory negligence" and asked Ramdev`s foundation -
Bharat Swabhiman Trust - to pay 25 per cent of the
compensation to the dead and the injured.
The yoga guru, who observed a day-long fast against
illegal mining and corruption here today, said he will soon
launch an `aar par ki laadai (final battle)` against black
money from Ramlila maidan.
"This time there will be `aar par ki laadai`. I will be
announcing the dates of the fast in March," he said.
Ramdev said he would be pressing for poll related reforms
so that people charged for immorality, criminality and
financial frauds would not be allowed to contest elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video