Ramlila Maidan turns into garbage ground
New Delhi: While Anna Hazare supporters
went euphoric after the Gandhian broke his 13-day-old fast,
the Ramlila ground silently bore the brunt of the agitation as
garbage and filth was left strewn around the venue.
Empty and partially-filled water bottles, biscuit
packets, food packets, cartons, rice, curry, banana peel,
dirty carpets, among others, were lying scattered all over the
During the fasting period of Hazare, the ground was
cleaned by volunteers and MCD employees at regular intervals
but today, after he broke his fast and left for Medanta
hospital for check up, no such action followed.
Big size dustbins were placed at different corners of
the ground so that all garbage could be gathered and thrown at
public dustbins outside.
"We have other important works... Preparations for
celebrations at India Gate are to be undertaken, and I am
engaged in that. This is not my work," a volunteer from team
Anna said who was part of the team allocated to take care of
keeping the maidan clean.
The kitchen --`Anna ki Rasoi` -- set up at one corner of
the ground which was delivering free lunches to people, who
assembled to support Hazare, too added to the littering.
Cooked rice, curry, chopped vegetables, spices were
strewn near the kitchen.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory