Ramzan fasting to begin from Sunday: Shahi Imam
New Delhi: Ramzan, the fasting month of
Muslims, will begin from Sunday.
Announcing this, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid
Maulana Mufti Mukkaram Ahmed said the new moon of Ramzan was
not sighted today and hence the fasting month will begin on
Muslims will have to wake up tomorrow night for the
`sehri` meal before dawn.
The month-long fasting will culminate in the
Idd-ul-Fitr celebrations next month.
Advocate Chowdhary said that between October and February
this year, 20 inmates in Thane prison, 22 in Yerawada prison
and 10 in Amaravati prison tested positive for HIV.
In Nashik prison, as many as 25 prisoners tested positive
in January and February this year.
Chowdhary also said that Maharashtra Prison Review of
Sentence Rules provide for release of a prisoner if he/she is
sufferring from incurable disease, or if his/her condition is
such that disease may be aggravated by stay in prison.
But government rarely uses this provision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II