Ramzan fasting to begin from Sunday: Shahi Imam
New Delhi: Ramzan, the fasting month of
Muslims, will begin from Sunday.
Announcing this, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid
Maulana Mufti Mukkaram Ahmed said the new moon of Ramzan was
not sighted today and hence the fasting month will begin on
Muslims will have to wake up tomorrow night for the
`sehri` meal before dawn.
The month-long fasting will culminate in the
Idd-ul-Fitr celebrations next month.
Advocate Chowdhary said that between October and February
this year, 20 inmates in Thane prison, 22 in Yerawada prison
and 10 in Amaravati prison tested positive for HIV.
In Nashik prison, as many as 25 prisoners tested positive
in January and February this year.
Chowdhary also said that Maharashtra Prison Review of
Sentence Rules provide for release of a prisoner if he/she is
sufferring from incurable disease, or if his/her condition is
such that disease may be aggravated by stay in prison.
But government rarely uses this provision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus