Ramzan fasting to begin from Sunday: Shahi Imam
New Delhi: Ramzan, the fasting month of
Muslims, will begin from Sunday.
Announcing this, Shahi Imam of Fatehpuri Masjid
Maulana Mufti Mukkaram Ahmed said the new moon of Ramzan was
not sighted today and hence the fasting month will begin on
Muslims will have to wake up tomorrow night for the
`sehri` meal before dawn.
The month-long fasting will culminate in the
Idd-ul-Fitr celebrations next month.
Advocate Chowdhary said that between October and February
this year, 20 inmates in Thane prison, 22 in Yerawada prison
and 10 in Amaravati prison tested positive for HIV.
In Nashik prison, as many as 25 prisoners tested positive
in January and February this year.
Chowdhary also said that Maharashtra Prison Review of
Sentence Rules provide for release of a prisoner if he/she is
sufferring from incurable disease, or if his/her condition is
such that disease may be aggravated by stay in prison.
But government rarely uses this provision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14