‘Rana is innocent; `upset` over cartoon of prophet Mohammad’
New Delhi: Suspected LeT operative Tahawwur
Hussain Rana`s aunt on Friday claimed that his nephew was innocent
but admitted that he was upset over the publication of a
cartoon of Prophet Mohammad in a Danish newspaper.
"He (Rana) is a very pious person and he can never do
something like this (plot terror attacks). He had told us that
he had protested before the media against the Danish
cartoonist. This is why the Americans are deliberately using
this to malign him," Rana`s aunt Suraiya Bano told a TV channel.
Rana, a Pakistani Canadian, was arrested along with
Pakistani origin US national David Headley by FBI for planning
major terror attacks in India and in Denmark at the behest of
Security agencies are probing the alleged role of Rana
and Headley in last year`s Mumbai terror attacks.
The probe agencies are also trying to trail the suspected
link of Rana`s visit to many Indian cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement