‘Rana is innocent; `upset` over cartoon of prophet Mohammad’
New Delhi: Suspected LeT operative Tahawwur
Hussain Rana`s aunt on Friday claimed that his nephew was innocent
but admitted that he was upset over the publication of a
cartoon of Prophet Mohammad in a Danish newspaper.
"He (Rana) is a very pious person and he can never do
something like this (plot terror attacks). He had told us that
he had protested before the media against the Danish
cartoonist. This is why the Americans are deliberately using
this to malign him," Rana`s aunt Suraiya Bano told a TV channel.
Rana, a Pakistani Canadian, was arrested along with
Pakistani origin US national David Headley by FBI for planning
major terror attacks in India and in Denmark at the behest of
Security agencies are probing the alleged role of Rana
and Headley in last year`s Mumbai terror attacks.
The probe agencies are also trying to trail the suspected
link of Rana`s visit to many Indian cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic