Rana trial puts new light to 26/11 conspiracy: Indian envoy
New Delhi: The trial in the US of
Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana, co-accused in the 26/11
Mumbai attacks case, is throwing new light on the conspiracy
to carry out the worst terrorist strike in India, Indian
Ambassador to America Meera Shankar said on Thursday.
She said the trial of Rana, who helped Lashkar-e-Taiba
operative David Coleman Headley in conducting recce of the
26/11 targets, was going on in a Chicago court where fresh
revelation was coming out.
"Headley is one of the key witnesses in the trial. It
is going on. Revelation is coming out. This shedding new light
on the full details of the conspiracy for the Mumbai terror
attacks," she said when asked about the Chicago court
The envoy was speaking to reporters after meeting Home
Minister P Chidambaram.
Testimony of Headley in the court confirmed Pakistan`s
spy agency ISI`s involvement in the conspiracy to carry out
the Mumbai carnage.
"ISI did provide me (espionage) training," Headley has
told the court. The training by the Pakistani spy agency to
Headley was provided by Major Iqbal, who was his ISI handler,
on the streets and in a two-storey safe house in Lahore near
Shankar said she discussed with Chidambaram about his
meeting tomorrow with US Secretary of Homeland Security Janet
"I have discussed with the Home Minister about the
Homeland Security dialogue that he will have with US Secretary
of Homeland Security...," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!