`Rana wanted to make a movie with Rahul`
Chicago: Tahawwur Hussain Rana, Mumbai attacks co-accused, had an ambitious plan to enter Bollywood by launching Rahul Bhatt, son of film director Mahesh Bhatt, in a movie that he wanted to make.
This was said by David Coleman Headley, prime accused in the Mumbai case, before a Chicago court during questioning by Rana`s attorney Patrick W Blegan.
Rana, a Pakistani Canadian, was not able to go ahead with his plans as it was against the ideals of Lashkar-e-Toiba, who opposed such a move.
Headley, who introduced himself to Rahul as a former Army ranger, also told the court that he had started liking him.
He in fact told him not to go to South Mumbai on November 26, the day LeT sent 10 terrorists for a major terrorist attack which over the next three days killed more
than 160 people, Headley said.
Earlier, Headley conceded that there was once a talk of bringing Rahul to the tribal areas of Pakistan for "sightseeing".
However, he disagreed with the defence attorney that the plan was not to kill or kidnap him.
"We invite guests and do not kidnap them," Headley said.
However, he agreed that making friendship with Rahul was against the basic surveillance and espionage teachings that he had received from LeT and ISI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi