`Rana wanted to make a movie with Rahul`
Chicago: Tahawwur Hussain Rana, Mumbai attacks co-accused, had an ambitious plan to enter Bollywood by launching Rahul Bhatt, son of film director Mahesh Bhatt, in a movie that he wanted to make.
This was said by David Coleman Headley, prime accused in the Mumbai case, before a Chicago court during questioning by Rana`s attorney Patrick W Blegan.
Rana, a Pakistani Canadian, was not able to go ahead with his plans as it was against the ideals of Lashkar-e-Toiba, who opposed such a move.
Headley, who introduced himself to Rahul as a former Army ranger, also told the court that he had started liking him.
He in fact told him not to go to South Mumbai on November 26, the day LeT sent 10 terrorists for a major terrorist attack which over the next three days killed more
than 160 people, Headley said.
Earlier, Headley conceded that there was once a talk of bringing Rahul to the tribal areas of Pakistan for "sightseeing".
However, he disagreed with the defence attorney that the plan was not to kill or kidnap him.
"We invite guests and do not kidnap them," Headley said.
However, he agreed that making friendship with Rahul was against the basic surveillance and espionage teachings that he had received from LeT and ISI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye