Rana wanted top Pakistan military honours for 26/11 attackers
Chicago: Apparently gloating over the
mayhem the Pakistani attackers were creating in Mumbai,
Tahawwur Rana, a co-accused had proposed that nine of the ten
LeT militants who carried out the carnage should be decorated
with Pakistan`s highest military award, Nishan-e-Haider.
This was stated by David Headley, another prime
accused in the Mumbai case in his testimony before the Chicago
district court on the third day of the trial of his childhood
friend, Rana, a Pakistani Canadian.
Headley said that Rana had told him that nine of the
ten Mumbai attackers who died should be given Nishan-e-Haider.
The sole exception being Ajmal Kasab, who had been captured by
Indian security forces.
Rana, Headley said had also praised Sajid Mir, his
Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) handler for the attack on the Chhahbad
House calling him Khalid bin Walid, one of the greatest
Generals in Islamic history.
Nishan-e-Haider, is Pakistan`s highest military
decoration given to personnel, regardless of rank, for
extraordinary bravery in combat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday