Ranganath Misra Committee report to be placed in Parl: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the report of Ranganath Misra Committee, which went into the issue of reservation for minorities, will be placed in Parliament during this session.
"We will place the report on the table of the House in this session," Singh said in the Lok Sabha.
His assurance came after Samajwadi Party members led by Mulayam Singh Yadav and others demanded that the report be tabled immediately.
The Prime Minister said, "I take note of this matter and we will place the report on the table of the House."
Opposition members had raised the issue in the Rajya Sabha yesterday demanding that the government make public the report which, they said, was freely available under the RTI Act.
The Ranganath Committee is understood to have recommended reservation for minorities in employment, higher education and economic and developmental schemes funded by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!