Ranganath Misra Committee report to be placed in Parl: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the report of Ranganath Misra Committee, which went into the issue of reservation for minorities, will be placed in Parliament during this session.
"We will place the report on the table of the House in this session," Singh said in the Lok Sabha.
His assurance came after Samajwadi Party members led by Mulayam Singh Yadav and others demanded that the report be tabled immediately.
The Prime Minister said, "I take note of this matter and we will place the report on the table of the House."
Opposition members had raised the issue in the Rajya Sabha yesterday demanding that the government make public the report which, they said, was freely available under the RTI Act.
The Ranganath Committee is understood to have recommended reservation for minorities in employment, higher education and economic and developmental schemes funded by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Odisha shocker: No ambulance, staff break bones of woman's dead body to carry it on a sling
- Insult to Prophet Mohammad: Dispose off case against Hindu Mahasabha leader in 4 weeks, SC tells Allahabad HC
- SHOCKING! Man beaten to death in Delhi for golgappas - Watch
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover